Pages

Cupcake?

When I was 16 I hated the way I looked and would wake up and do sit-ups or push-ups..not really enough but I thought it was doing something! I was talking with my husband about the struggles I had with loosing weight growing up and even now. Looking back, I liked how I looked and wish I could go back to the size 6 I was back then! I think for girls there is a huge amount of pressure all around us, every day, to be SKINNY! Now that I have a daughter of my own, I don't want to be so obsessed with being skinny, that I become insecure and she gets the same ideas. My husband tells me everyday that I am beautiful and sometimes I just think he says it, because he is my husband and he has to! But the truth is, it really helps me to be comfortable in my own skin. After having my daughter of course I look different and my entire body looks and feels different. Running 4 times a week seems to do nothing for me, like it used to. I see my wedding pictures and I sigh and wish I could magically change. Then I see my little girl and how she always manages to bring a smile to my face and I realized that she made my body change this way, but I wouldn't change it for anything. Because I was a big part of her creation. I wish more girls these days would stop fussing over being skinny and just have confidence and enjoy being how God made them to be. I hope when my daughter is older and going through that hard part in her life, I can help her understand that she is beautiful and give her the confidence I know she will need.